You’re wanting to get fitter and healthier but have a busy schedule and don’t know where to start?
I have just the thing to help you. These 5 simple tips will help you find gaps in your schedule to fit exercise into –
- Write out your weekly schedule to see where the gaps are, even if it’s just 5 minutes! There are lots of YouTube videos that are 5 minutes long you can use or even take a 10 minute power walk.
- How often do you fill up the kettle in your day? Did you know you can probably fit in about 5 squats or calf raises in the time that the kettle boils!!! So say you fill the kettle 3 times a day that’s 15 squats a day which means 105 in a week, 420 in a month and 5,040 in a year!!!!!
3. Take the stairs instead of the lift! It may take you slightly longer, however, your body will thank you for it! It will be part of your daily exercise and become second nature for you.
4. We all love a good binge watch of a tv series on the evening, so why not become an active binge watcher. Do a few exercises whilst watching your favourite show; each episode of most series is anywhere between 20-40 minutes which is optimum timing to achieve effectiveness and results.
5. Take regular breaks and eat your lunch outside. Exercise doesn’t have to be a full blown sweaty workout, a short 20 minute walk is also good for both the mind and the body. It will mean that when you’re back at your desk you will be more productive as the brain fog will be cleared and you will be able to think clearer.
Essentially, don’t over think it. Find ways to adapt your everyday activities. Boogie whilst cooking, get off the bus a stop earlier or park further away from the office/shop. There are lots of little ways to increase our movement daily without too much effort.
For more tips and support you can find me on Facebook –